Steps to get ready to run BrainBuilder Development Studio for the first time:
Check minimum system requirements:
- macOS 10.15.7
You may be able to use other versions, but we do not test these. If you run into problems when using other versions, you have to fix them yourself.
- Download the BrainBuilder Development Studio MacOS installer package
BrainBuilder is completely new, and not part of the Apple ecosystem yet. Therefore installation takes a couple more mouseclicks. It’s all explained here.
The steps required
Start the installer:
Open the Downloads in Finder
Right-click on brainbuilder-[version].pkg, and choose Open with Installer
A warning will pop up
Go to System, Preferences
Go to Security and Privacy
Click Open Anyway
The Brainbuilder Installer starts (if nothing seems to happen, it will be behind the Finder window)
Click Continue, accept the license agreement, and click Continue.
After ‘The installation was successful’, close the window. You can move the installer package to the Bin
Starting the Development Studio for the first time
- You’ll find BrainBuilder in the Finder under Applications
- Double-click it to start the Development Studio
- The first time you start BrainBuilder Development Studio, it takes a bit longer to download program files
- Create a first project, see: Quickstart
- Connect your development board
- Continue to Quickstart