Installation on Windows 10
Steps to get ready to run BrainBuilder Development Studio for the first time:
- Check minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10
- Display size 1024 x 768
- All security updates installed
You may be able to use other versions, but we do not test these. If you run into problems when using other versions, you have to fix them yourself.
Download the BrainBuilder Development Studio Windows installer package
Save the BrainBuilder installer package (brainbuilder-[version].msi)
Start the installer by double-clicking on the downloaded msi file:
- Windows will display a warming (“Windows protected your PC”). Click on “More Info”.
- The name of the installer package (“brainbuilder-[version].msi”) is displayed and that the publisher is ‘unknown’.
- Click on “Run Anyway”
- The installer starts, you’ll be requested to read and accept the terms in the license, then click ‘Install’
- After the setup wizard has completed, there will be an icon for BrainBuilder on the desktop
- Starting the Development Studio for the first time
- The first time you start BrainBuilder Development Studio, it takes a bit longer to download program files.
- Create a first project, see: Quickstart
- More information
- The program installs in C:\Program Files\brainbuilder
- Connect your development board
- Continue to Quickstart