Installation on macOS
Before you start
These instructions are for macOS 10.15.7.
This is a basic description of the installation procedure. There is a more detailed step-by-step installation guide here
- Enter ‘java -version’ in a terminal window.
- Any version 11 and above is good, and you can go to looking up the device name of your development board
- Go to AdoptJDK: https://adoptopenjdk.net to download the latest release (OpenJDK11, Hotspot JVM)
- Leave the pre-selected defaults as they are
- If you have Java applications running, you will be prompted to close the applications that have files in use
- After setup has completed, click Finish. Check again if you now have Java 11.
Download the latest version of the BrainBuilder Development Studio from the BrainBuilder download page
Unzip the downloaded file to a directory of your choosing
In a terminal window, start runmac.sh
Create a shortcut to runmac.sh if you want
- Connect your development board
- Continue to Quickstart