Installation on Windows 10
Before you start
This is a basic description of the installation procedure. A more detailed step-by-step installation guide is here.
- Type ‘java -version’ in the Command Prompt window; any version 11 and above is good
- Go to AdoptJDK: https://adoptopenjdk.net to download the latest release (OpenJDK11, Hotspot JVM)
- Leave the pre-selected defaults as they are
- If you have Java applications running, you will be prompted to close the applications that have files in use
- After setup has completed, click Finish. Check again if you now have Java 11.
- Download the latest version of BrainBuilder from the BrainBuilder download page
- Unzip the downloaded file to a directory of your choosing
- Run the ‘run.bat’ batchfile
- Mircosoft Defender does not recognize our app, but it is safe to run, so click More Info and then Run Anyway
- Create a desktop shortcut to ‘run.bat’ if you want
- Connect your development board
- Continue to Quickstart