Detailed install macOS
These instructions are for macOS 10.15.7.
- Enter ‘java -version’ in a terminal window.
- Any version 11 and above is good, and you can go straight to Installing Brainbuilder
- Go to AdoptJDK: https://adoptopenjdk.net to download the latest release (OpenJDK11, Hotspot JVM)
- Leave the pre-selected defaults as they are
- If you have Java applications running, you will be prompted to close the applications that have files in use
- After setup has completed, click Finish. Check again if you now have Java 11.
In a terminal window:
ls -l /dev/tty.usb*
This will show a device name that looks like /dev/tty.usbserial-[STRING] or /dev/tty.usbmodem-[STRING]
Download the latest version of BrainBuilder from the BrainBuilder download page
Unzip the downloaded file to a directory of your choosing
In a terminal window, start runmac.sh
Create a shortcut to runmac.sh if you want